Water Minister Tim Holding's continual refusal to enact cost effective and high water yield options such are recycling waste water (200 gigalitres per year), capturing stormwater and more domestic water tanks (200 gigalitres), stopping logging in water catchments (30 gigalitres) is just not acceptable.
Recycling more water would have the added benefit of stopping pollution from the ocean outfall at Gunnamatta beach.
Instead he is intent on building a pipeline that will deliver very little water to Melbourne, and the extremely expensive desalination plant that will belch out greenhouse gases and destroy an pristine coastline.
Its time to go Tim.
- Denying recycling just won't hold water, The Age, Ken Davidson
- Melbourne water usage, Greenlivingpedia
- North south pipeline, Greenlivingpedia
- Stop logging Melbourne water catchments , Greenlivingpedia
- Victorian desalination plant, , Greenlivingpedia