The Gunns pulp mill proposal for the Tamar valley in Tasmania should not be approved until:
- Full consideration of the impacts of the mill on Tasmania's native forests and wildlife habitat are assessed.
- An independent assessment of the flow and dispersal of effluent in Bass Strait is undertaken
- All toxic substances are removed from the mill effluent - no output of dioxin should be allowed.
- Adequate local consultation has occurred - this was cut short when the Lennon Government abandoned their RPDC process
The mill proposal should not be approved until these matters are resolved.
- Invitation to comment on proposed decision and conditions for the pulp mill proposal in Tasmania's Tamar Valley
- Comment sought on draft Pulp Mill decision and conditions - Malcolm Turnbull MP
- The Wilderness Society - Gunns' Proposed Pulp Mill
- PM's pal damns pulp mill proposal | The Australian
- Turnbull to clear way for pulp mill | The Australian
- Natural Tasmania brand worth more than a dirty pulp mill (Greens)
- Tasmanian scallop fisherman, John Hammond, on the pulp mill
- Pulp mill 2007... Back to the future with Christine Milne