GLOBAL warming preachers have been crowing over the bushfires in ways not just despicable but dangerous.
Here are Bolt's lies:
- Green activists had been desperately wrong to oppose fuel reduction burns (Greens policies support fuel reduction burning)
- Sat 7 Feb was not Victoria's hottest day on record (it was, he quotes an anecdotal newspaper report)
- Forest experts insist that green policies on forest management helped to kill so many in the first place (no forest experts quoted - anonymous sources, and an outright lie)
- The planet actually hasn't warmed for a decade, and we've faced even worse conditions than these before (not true)
- Global warming is not associated with the recent bushfires (not true - the increased risk of such events has been predicted the the CSIRO and climate scientists)
- Global warming preachers are desperate to try to fool you (Who exactly? This is just mud throwing)
- But I don't just write all this to go nyah-nyah. Normally that's fun, I admit, but too many people are dead for such crowing of my own. (hypocrite - that is exactly what he is doing)
- Greenhouse gases which might not actually cause the warming that might already have stopped anyway. And which didn't cause these fires. (incorrect)
Bolts $4b "plan" OR the greens' $100 billion and more to "stop" global warming?
Bolt doesn't have a plan other than a random assortment of ideas he has pinched from recent newspaper articles. The Greens don't have a $100 billion plan to stop global warming.
Clearly, some actions on addressing bushfire risk and emergency procedures are required. The Royal Commission will hear, gather and assess evidence, then make recommendations. I think the vast majority of them should be enacted.
Fear, no evidence and incorrect sums, blaming, and several red herrings.
This is more of Bolt's propaganda war against "greens", "Greens", conservation and anyone who believes we should take action to address climate change and global warming. It is a mixture of mud slinging and denial.
And here is online response to Bolt's shameless dogwhistling:
“I am disgusted with the whole 'green' movement. Every 'green' advocate should be cut -quartered-and hung. Bob Brown & the other 'green' cronies should not be given the time of day. What's more important - the life of a tree, or human life? Bugger the environment, if it means my life is in jeopardy? The environment has looked after itself quite well for God knows how long, & it will continue to do so - without my help thank-you very much!Andrew Bolt (and Miranda Devine) must accept full responsibility if their hate-mongering and lies results in murder and/or "lynching".
Posted by: Steve Morgan of Echuca 8:29am today”
I wonder if they both believe their nonsense? If they do they are idiots, if they don't they are pariahs; best avoided.